Congratulations to the Mukwonago Area School District for being one
of only 67 schools nationwide to win the Carol M. White PEP grant!
To support the purpose and spirit of the PEP grant, helpful resources
have been created to encourage our students to try new activities and
new foods. Check out the links below!
Pep Grant Details for 2014-15
The 'MASD Moves' Project
1. Improve the quality of our MASD PE Curriculum by aligning with the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) Guidelines and the Wisconsin State Standards in Physical Education. The SPARK Curriculum and training will be used.
2. Improve professional development in the area of physical education and nutrition best practices. Teachers will use the SOFIT evaluation tool for classroom evaluation.
3. Provide common student assessment (K-12) that documents student proficiency in identified physical fitness and motor skills.
4. Improve health-enhancing fitness by regular testing, monitored fitness plans and individualized goal-setting. Students will be evaluated using the FITNESSGRAM, 3DPAR, and fitness logs.
5. Join the MASD PE Teachers and MASD Food Services with common goals developed during staff development- Nutrition Guidelines will follow the USDA HealthierUS School Challenge for evaluation purposes.
6. Establish an MASD Wellness Committee which involves community members, teachers, and administrators which will meet monthly to evaluate PEP program goals. Guidelines will follow the Six Step Process Model from the Alliance for a Healthier Generation for evaluation purposes.
- SPARK – K-12
- HealthierUS School Challenge – K-12
- MVPA – Pedometers
- Evaluation: (parental opt-out)
- SOFIT – Teacher evaluation
- FITNESSGRAM – Student health-related fitness assessment
- RUBRICS – Student motor skill evaluation
- 3DPAR – Movement evaluation with use of pedometers
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey – Nutrition evaluation
- Fitness Journals