The Mukwonago Area School District is a leader among a competitive group of suburban school districts in Waukesha County. Located 25 minutes southwest of Milwaukee, our communities offer small-town charm with remarkable conveniences. Together with top-notch educational opportunities for children of all ages, we offer your child the opportunity to grow academically and socially in a rigorous but supportive environment. Explore our websites and search social media for #onemukwonago to get a feel for our school climate and culture, and don't forget to ask for a school tour!
Did You Know?
- MASD ranks in the top 10% of Wisconsin schools (DPI).
- MHS was ranked the 16th best public high school in Wisconsin out of 511 schools. (U.S. News).
- MASD offers leading-edge technology supports including STEM, 1:1 wireless device frameworks, and personalized learning.
- MASD has TWO National Blue Ribbon schools, Section Elementary and Prairie View Elementary, an honor given to less than 1% of schools in the U.S.!
- The Mukwonago community offers exceptionally strong community support to provide student internships, mini-grants, and co-op learning opportunities.
- Mukwonago High School has placed on the National College Board AP Honor Roll for four of the last six years.
- 90% of parents with students in MASD's special education program expressed approval; 77% of special educations students continue in higher ed/employment (DPI).
- MASD is home to Waukesha County's first elementary 5K-6th grade tuition-free charter school. The charter offers multi-grade level classrooms and enrichment curriculum in STEM, Environmental Conservation, and Spanish Language. It is also home to the MASD state certified school forest.
- MASD is state-recognized for exemplary safe and supportive schools (DPI).
- MASD has a strong faculty retention rate; over 70% of certified staff have a Masters degree.
- MASD staff are continually fostering strong school-to-home connections and championing parent support.
- MASD schools have collectively over 100 clubs, sports, and activities!
We offer programs at six elementary schools, one middle school, and one comprehensive high school. All schools consistently rank as top-performing schools academically when compared to peers across the state. We also have a wide variety of extracurricular athletics and activities to complement student academics.
Check out the links below.
As you can see, our students, families, and teachers have a lot to be proud of. We hope you will join us as a part of our team. Don't delay, enroll your child today.
You may enroll your child in the Mukwonago School District whether or not you reside within the district boundaries. We welcome open enrollment applications during the statewide open enrollment window. Your child can join more than 400 other students who have chosen Mukwonago as their open enrollment destination. Please click below for more information.
Open Enrollment Information