In August of 2003, a team of Eagleville Elementary parents and staff submitted a proposal to the Mukwonago Area School District and the State of Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. The proposal was for the planning of Eagleville Elementary Charter School, a school that would take the qualities of Eagleville Elementary (small size, family-like atmosphere, strong parental involvement, and support) and put focused attention on our school’s natural surroundings. In November 2003, we received a favorable decision from the state and Eagleville Elementary began the conversion to a charter school for the 2004/05 school year.
What does that mean? Eagleville Elementary Charter School is a public school of choice.
- No Tuition - Mukwonago Area School District Public School.
- Grades 5K through 6
- Regular district curriculum plus focused attention to the importance of our surroundings and our roles as community members.
- An elementary school that includes a foreign language in its curriculum (Spanish).
- Continued respect for our past and our future.
- A school that has received Federal and State money that is set aside specifically for use by Charter Schools only.