INTERNET SAFETY @ CLARENDON
The Internet is wonderful place to locate information, share knowledge, and network with other people; however, sometimes the Internet may present our children with situations that may create a feeling of uneasiness.
Some basic guidelines for Internet usage by children are:
1. Never give out identifying information (i.e. name, address, school name, etc.).
2. Don’t respond to messages that are inappropriate and be sure to tell an adult.
3. Never share files or open attachments from strangers because viruses may be attached.
4. Online only friends should not be met in person.
5. Be kind to others online
6. Posting of pictures and videos should only be done with parent permission
The Mukwonago Area School District does have an Internet Safety curriculum in place for grades 2-12. If you have any questions pertaining to the curriculum, feel free to contact the buildings Library Technology Specialist.
For additional information regarding Internet Safety, visit some of the following websites: